UPDATE: the BMW G 310 R will solely be obtainable in Asia, South America and EuropeAgain in October throughout South America’s largest bike present in Sao Paulo, Brazil, BMW unveiled its new entry-level idea, the Stunt G 310. The bike was designed by BMW Motorrad, however to maintain prices low, produced in India by associate TVS Motor Firm.The Stunt 310 was designed with assist from stunt rider Chris Pfeiffer, and a road mannequin of the 310 was anticipated at EICMA this month. However BMW Motorrad launched the road-going mannequin a bit earlier. Meet the BMW G 310 R – the primary roadster below 500cc by the Bavarian firm.Talking of the brand new single-cylinder G 310 R, BMW says “Newly conceived from scratch, the G 310 R represents every thing BMW Motorrad stands for: innovation, high quality and naturally a few years of carefree partnership with its proprietor. Designed particularly for the world market, the BMW G 310 R can run on probably the most various gasoline qualities, meets all emission requirements and native necessities – and takes the everyday BMW premium aspiration to the phase below 500 cc.”The bike emulates a lot styling from the BMW S1000R, together with the headlight and gasoline tank. The spotlight of the BMW G 310 R is the brand new 313cc liquid-cooled single cylinder with 4 valves and two-overhead camshafts. The engine is tilted backward and the cylinder head is turned 180 levels so the consumption monitor is on the entrance. The BMW G310R’s engine produces 34 horsepower at 9500 rpm, and over 20 ft/lbs of torque at 7500 rpm. The BMW G 310 R can also be tremendous mild, weighing in at slightly below 350 lbs.The chassis was designed for stability and ease of driving round city, and BMW additional upgraded the brakes (300mm single disc up entrance, single 240mm out again) with ABS as commonplace tools. There’s no phrase of pricing or USA availability, however these knowledge needs to be launched quickly.
2016 BMW G 310 R Highlights:
- Revolutionary liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine with two overhead camshafts, backward-tilted cylinder and consumption tract positioned on the entrance.
- Output 25 kW (34 hp) at 9500 rpm and a most torque of 28 Nm (20 ft/lbs) at 7500 rpm.
- Inflexible tubular metal body, upside-down fork and lengthy swinging arm for a excessive diploma of trip stability, exact steering response and sound dealing with.
- Tires 110/70 R 17 at entrance and 150/60 R 17 at rear.
- Excessive-performance brake system and ABS as commonplace.
- Subtle ergonomics and multi practical instrument cluster.
- Low seat peak of simply 30.9 inches.
- Dynamic roadster design with echoes of the S 1000 R.
- Developed in Munich by BMW Motorrad – produced in India by cooperation associate TVS Motor Firm.
- Individually tailor-made elective equipment within the acquainted prime quality typical of BMW Motorrad.
2016 BMW G 310 R Photograph Gallery