After asserting its plan to revamp the Gmail interface in February earlier this yr, Google is now broadly rolling out the brand new Gmail UI to all customers. The brand new interface consists of devoted tabs for Mail, Chat, Areas, and Meet within the left sidebar, and lots of customers would possibly discover that to be very irritating. When you discover these further tabs distracting, you may be glad to know there may be an choice to disable them. On this article, we’ve got detailed how one can take away Chat and Meet tabs from Gmail on the net, Android, and iPhone.
Allow or Disable New Gmail UI
1. Open the Gmail web site and click on the Settings gear icon on the top-right nook of the display.
2. When the short settings panel pops up, click on on “Check out the brand new Gmail view” to allow the brand new Gmail interface.
3. When the affirmation immediate seems, click on “Reload” to allow the brand new Gmail view.
4. You’ll now see the brand new Gmail UI with devoted tabs for Mail, Chat, Areas, and Meet on the left sidebar. Examine the following sections to discover ways to disable them.
Disable Chat and Areas from Gmail Sidebar (Net)
1. Open Gmail’s fast settings web page by clicking the Settings gear icon on the top-right nook.
2. Up subsequent, click on “See all settings” to entry Gmail’s settings web page.
3. When you’re on the Gmail settings web page, swap to the “Chat and Meet” tab within the high navigation bar to disable Chat and Areas.
4. Select the “Off” radio button subsequent to “Chat” and click on “Save Adjustments”. It will take away each Chats and Areas from Gmail’s sidebar within the new UI.
1. Click on the Settings gear icon on the Gmail web site to entry the short settings web page.
2. Now, click on on “See all settings” to broaden Gmail settings.
3. Right here, click on on the “Chat and Meet” possibility within the high navigation bar to seek out the settings to disable Meet in Gmail.
4. Select the “Conceal the Meet part in the primary menu” toggle and click on “Save Adjustments”. You’ll now not discover the Google Meet button in Gmail’s left sidebar.
Disable Chat and Areas in Gmail App (Android & iPhone)
1. To take away Chat and Areas from the underside navigation bar within the Gmail cell app, faucet the hamburger menu on the top-left nook of the display and select “Settings”.
2. Choose the e-mail account for which you want to disable the Chat characteristic and disable the “Chat” checkbox beneath “Basic” settings.
Take away Meet from Gmail Cell App (Android & iPhone)
1. To take away the Google Meet part within the Gmail cell app, you must first entry the settings. Faucet the hamburger menu on the top-left nook and select “Settings” on the backside.
2. Select the e-mail account for which you want to take away the Meet tab after which disable the “Present the Meet tab for video calling” checkbox. And that’s it, you’ll now not discover the Meet tab within the Gmail cell app.
Declutter Gmail Interface and Browse Emails Productively
So, there you’ve gotten it. Following these steps would be sure that Chat and Mail gained’t get in the way in which if you find yourself checking your necessary emails on Gmail. If you wish to improve your Gmail expertise, I might advocate a Chrome extension from the co-founder of Inbox, Simplify Gmail. For extra such suggestions, test our article on the most effective Gmail suggestions and tips.