Snapchat, some of the broadly used social platforms on this planet, is getting ready to launch a brand new, quicker model of its Android utility. In February of final yr, the corporate’s executives internally dedicated to bettering the expertise for Android customers. In November, the corporate made its intentions public: Snapchat might be rebuilt from the bottom as much as “present a extra performant product expertise” and “to make it simpler to make use of.” On the time, the corporate didn’t present a timeline for when the redesigned Snapchat utility would roll out, however it seems that the most recent beta releases of the app now have a mostly-functional model of the quicker design. We enabled this redesign in one other article to indicate off what it seems like and the way it performs, and now we’ll present you easy methods to allow it too.
Snapchat Alpha was first found by Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) however was subsequently independently enabled by XDA Acknowledged Developer Quinny899, Kieron Quinn of Mighty Quinn Apps.
Tips on how to Allow Snapchat Alpha
Earlier than we start, you’ll should be on the most recent model of the Snapchat app—both 10.39 or 10.39.1 beta. You’ll be able to obtain the app from the Google Play Retailer, but when the most recent model isn’t obtainable for you then you can even seize the APK from APKMirror.
Obtain the most recent Snapchat Beta launch from APKMirror
Now, observe these step-by-step directions to get Snapchat Alpha up and working!
- Obtain a root-enabled file explorer like FX File Explorer or MiXplorer. I’m going to be utilizing MiXplorer for this tutorial.
- Open MiXplorer and develop the sidebar to the left. Faucet “Root.”
- If that is your first time utilizing MiXplorer, it’ll ask you for root entry. Grant it.
- Go to “information“
- Scroll down and enter “information” once more.
- Discover “com.snapchat.android“
- Open “shared_prefs“
- Open “dynamicAppConfig.xml“
- Search for the “appFamily” string and alter the “snapchat” worth to “mushroom“
- Search for the “previousAppVersion” integer and increment the present worth by 1. For instance, within the under picture, I would want to alter “1775” to “1776.”
- Save the file and exit.
- Lengthy-press on the Snapchat app icon in your launcher and go to its App Data web page.
- Power shut Snapchat.
- Join your telephone to your PC and allow USB Debugging in Developer Choices should you haven’t already.
- Obtain and set up the most recent ADB binaries in your PC in response to this information should you haven’t already.
- Open up a command immediate in your laptop in the identical listing the place you saved the ADB binaries and enter the next command to enter ADB shell:
Home windows Command Immediate:
Home windows PowerShell:
- Now, enter the next 4 instructions one-by-one (after coming into ‘su’ it’ll ask you to grant root entry):
supm allow com.snapchat.android/com.snap.mushroom.MushroomMainActivitypm allow com.snapchat.android/com.snap.mushroom.MainActivitypm disable com.snapchat.android/.LandingPageActivity
- Open up the Snapchat app and you ought to be greeted by the brand new, quicker Snapchat Alpha redesign!
Right here’s a video tutorial by XDA Acknowledged Developer Quinny899 that can assist you out in case you’re caught on any a part of this information.
If something modifications throughout improvement of this new alpha consumer interface, we’ll allow you to all know. Till then, keep tuned to the XDA Portal for extra tutorials like this!